Author Topic: Moonfleet Wanted, Silver Shadow or Aquila  (Read 444 times)

Offline Craig

• Canoe
Moonfleet Wanted, Silver Shadow or Aquila
« on: October 27, 2023, 06:35:49 PM »
Moonfleet wanted, obviously these are rare boats our family had a silver shadow back in the 70's with the V6 what a great boat! looking for a project any condition considered, thank you!

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: Moonfleet Wanted, Silver Shadow or Aquila
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 02:24:16 PM »
Hi Craig, long time since we spoke, I hope you are well. However if you look at this link http://www.oldspeedboats.co.uk/moonfleet-marine/ it will show you Ian's Moonfleet which has to be one of the best resto jobs in the world now. If you contact him on music@iangriffin.org I am sure you will find him full of knowledge and possibly a Moonfleet connection. All the best, BN

1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Craig

• Canoe
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 02:25:32 PM »
Hi Brian, sorry for the delay in reply! just about hanging together so all good thank you!

I have looked at Ian's Moonfleet many times in admiration a totally first class job of a beautiful boat, stunning! The one our family owned was similar colour scheme but was the Silver Shadow with ford V6 the boat holds such great memories from the 70's. Unfortunately after my father sold the boat to Scarborough water ski club it caught fire whilst refuelling and was totally destroyed. I will make contact with Ian if only to see if it is possible to view his boat sometime!

Currently I have the very first Craig Craft built in 1985 and will be restoring it (well it is on my to do list!) Please keep doing the great work Brian your website brings back many wonderful memories, thank you, Craig

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 09:12:15 PM »
Hi Brian, sorry for the delay in reply! just about hanging together so all good thank you!

I have looked at Ian's Moonfleet many times in admiration a totally first class job of a beautiful boat, stunning! The one our family owned was similar colour scheme but was the Silver Shadow with ford V6 the boat holds such great memories from the 70's. Unfortunately after my father sold the boat to Scarborough water ski club it caught fire whilst refuelling and was totally destroyed. I will make contact with Ian if only to see if it is possible to view his boat sometime!

Currently I have the very first Craig Craft built in 1985 and will be restoring it (well it is on my to do list!) Please keep doing the great work Brian your website brings back many wonderful memories, thank you, Craig

Sorry for slow reply, Festivities got in the way  ;) Thank you for your kind words, comments like that is what makes me keep the site going.

I would love to see your Craig Craft, are you still in the US or back in the UK now?

It would be good to catch up if you are in the UK. In addition there is another friend who lives near your part of the world and he builds and repairs Rivas. If they interest you, we could always meet at his works and look at his fantastic boats and have a chat? Brian
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Craig

• Canoe
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 10:58:49 AM »
I must make the effort and go see you Brian or maybe you have a boat you fancy testing over our way, you would be very welcome. I will let you know when I get the old boat done, a snapped tendon has slowed me down but back on the go now. Mostly home trying to get all the jobs done so we can have some fun this summer!

If your friend is the chap in St. Neots, I have seen his website and he is obviously a brilliant, highly skilled craftsman! that would be a great visit!

Best Wishes, Craig

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 12:53:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about your tendon right at the beginning of the boating season. I have done the same a couple of times and it isn't funny.
Where are you based Craig, because meeting any restorer is a great privilege to me. Take care and get better ASAP.

Ian is a great contact for the Moonfleets. Her is also a very fine musician.

All the best Brian
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 12:58:54 PM by BN »
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB