Author Topic: How much is a Simmonds Ski Boat worth  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Conrad

• Canoe
How much is a Simmonds Ski Boat worth
« on: June 11, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
I am considering selling my Simmonds ski boat to fund the restoration of my yacht which broke her mooring and was washed ashore in the bank holiday gales, does anyone have any idea what I could expect for her.

Some pictures can be found here

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Aluminium_Motorboats/photos/browse/1ef9

She has the consul 1750cc engine and the ladder at the back is complete and in running order, Last few years I have taken her on the Thames at Gravesend which was good fun.

conrad.broadley1@btinternet.com

Offline flat broke

• Row Boat
Re: How much is a Simmonds Ski Boat worth
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:28:51 AM »
Sorry to hear of your bad luck, and your decision to sell the Simmonds. 

Although we see the value in these boats, there are surprisingly few who fully appreciate them.   So what the boat is worth and what you may get for it if you are in a hurry to sell are two different questions.  The good news is that the internet and ebay do reach a wider audience.

I would say a good unspoilt example with a solid hull (no corrosion or major repairs) and a reliable drive train, sitting on a solid trailer is worth about two thousand five hundred pounds.  Now I know I have more than twice that invested and you may well have also. 

An Albatross is an easier boat to price as they come and go more often.  The Simmonds is rarer but also less well known.

I will have a look at the pictures but currently the link is only open to members?

Tony

Offline Conrad

• Canoe
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
Thanks, your right about these boats being under rated value wise, mine always gets interest whenever launched you would think that would reflect in their value.

jeepstertim

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
It may be worth advertising on http://www.simmonds-motorlaunches.co.uk/, I always look on there for what's available.

Offline Thumper

• Ski Boat
    • Simmonds Motor Launches
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 06:17:17 PM »
Also sorry to hear your news, and like flatbroke, can't see your photos. I'd agree with his estimate of what you might be likely to get, although would hope that a pristine example (like Tom's, perhaps?) might be worth a fair bit more. Good luck with the sale if you decide to go ahead.