Author Topic: Classic Fletcher  (Read 974 times)

Offline stephendobbo

• Canoe
Classic Fletcher
« on: July 31, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »
Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a Fletcher V139 (I believe) of around 1967 vintage, together with a Mercury 50hp of the same vintage, both in reasonable and very original condition but requiring some work to bring back to totally original and pristine condition, which I intend to do in the coming months.
I am trying to verify the exact model and year of the boat/engine, but cannot seem to find the information.
The serial number of the boat is stamped on a small Fletcher Marine information badge mounted on the dash, and is 04 67352.
The engine serial number is 2347246.
If anyone can shed any further light on these serial numbers or have any other information I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Stephen.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: Classic Fletcher
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 07:17:34 AM »
Hi, your boat was built on the 25th March 1967 and was a series 04. Re the Mercury, that I cannot answer, but there are lots of people who will know. If not contact Lincolnshire Outboards near Boston (UK).

Fletcher changed to SBS trailers at Macrome Rd, Wolverhampton WV6 9HD (tel number 01902 754133) and they might just still have someone there who can give more details. Fletcher Boats was sold to Wessex Boats of Poole, who appear to have abandoned the model now sadly.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:30:05 AM by BN »
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline stephendobbo

• Canoe
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »
Thanks Brian, you are a mine of useful information!
Very helpful thanks, and confirms my thoughts. I had the boat and engine at Lincolnshire Outboards recently for an assessment by Dave, who was very helpful, got the engine started and advised me on a few issues with engine and hull. As a result I have now got a good idea of the restoration work needed to bring the outfit back to pristine original condition.....it will be a labour of love (aren't they all!) but lets get started.
Stephen.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:14:48 PM »
Great, look forward to seeing the end result  :D
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB