Author Topic: Albatross Project Wanted  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Ags

• Canoe
Albatross Project Wanted
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:32:50 PM »
Hi, i am new to this site so thought i would post a hello. I am looking for an albatross project for my empty garage to fill those long winter nights. I am not too bothered about model or conditon as i plan a full nut and bolt restoration, although i would prefer the 4 seat.

I have owned a couple of american speedboats in the past and am an avis classic car restorer so i figured the Albatross would be a good project.

I hope someone out there can help.

Thanks

Andy

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: Albatross Project Wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »
Hello Andy and welcome to the forum. Lots of Alby fans here, considering there are few left now. Good project boat and anyone who wants to fully restore will receive lots of valuable help. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Ags

• Canoe
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »
Hi thanks for the encouragement, i am going to see a continental next week hopefully that is complete but in need of a full restoration. I have found a buyers guide on the albatross register any important things i need to keep my eye out for?

Thanks

Andy

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 11:41:17 PM »
Loads of things. It is an alloy boat with loads of rivits to start with. They have a variety of prop shafts that are all slightly different and often very tight to remove. Watch for corrosion and prop damage together with the rudder cables, which are a bit tricky to replace. The rest is reasonably obvious.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB