Author Topic: Hello from new member  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Sylvo

• Canoe
  • 'Don't get caught'
Hello from new member
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:59:14 AM »
Hello everyone, I am a new member, my user name is Sylvo, a nickname derived from my surname Sylvester (it has clung to me for years, even some of my long term pals do not know my first name).

I am based in Esher, Surrey and am a member of the British Motor Yacht Club based in Thames Ditton (just up the road from me). It is a great little club with good facilities and our own slipway. We are limited to 16' max. At the moment I have a 16' foot Yorkshire cobble 'Harry Otter' and a 15' Broom Scorpio 'Witches Ride' recently acquired. I am hoping to get into speedboats a bit more and want to learn as much as possible. 

I am very handy and like restoration of all types but always like to broaden my knowledge. I owned a welding & fabrication company back in the day so have some knowledge there. I also made bespoke road trailers (mainly for boats) and now run a small mobile trailer service repair & mods business, am happy to give members any advice if required, legal or mechanical.

Looking forward to using the forum, Regards, Sylvo.
Sylvo

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: Hello from new member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »
Good Evening Sylvo, welcome to the forum and we look forward to chatting and hope that we can help you into classic speed boats. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB