Author Topic: Jetstar boats  (Read 33699 times)

Offline tjennen

• Row Boat
Re: Jetstar boats
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
Question seems to be answered.
Bekro Ranger is the brand.
Belgium fabrication.

Anybody knows this type?

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2017, 11:11:42 AM »
Hi, pleased that you have a possible answer. I have heard of Bekro, but never seen one.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline jetstream

• Canoe
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »
Hi all.
 Question for alanr . Sorry you couldn't make the Jetstar meet. As you heard from Brian  am now the proud owner of two Jetstar boats. According to the literature one is a Jetstar 400 with a 2ltr. Pinto and Castodi 04 Jet. The second is a Jetstar 390 with a a 1.6 ltr X Flow and Castoldi 04 Jet.
The 400 hull is in fair condition and original gel coat, the engine is not fitted and sat on a jig in my workshop. I have had it running on the jig for about an hour and all seems ok.
I would love to get this up and running for the next meet and hope you can help. I have been involved in motor sport for all my life and have basic engineering skills. However l have no previous experience of putting together jet boats.
First problem is to choose whether l use the Castoldi  bell housing kit or a prop shaft. Following measurement if l use the Castoldi bell housing the exhaust outlet from the pinto heat exchanger is very close to the transom. The exhaust outlet is already installed just above the Castoldi bottom plate on the starboard side and would require some new plumbing to connect up to the heat exchanger .On a further note l am not sure if this engine has been previously installed as the forward engine mount is about 5mm below the existing seating position on the boat if the crank and shaft are lined up. Also as the Pinto is a heavy engine would it be better forward on a prop system to help ballance.
I don't feel l need to slavishly follow the original installation design as getting it up and running is my priority at the moment but would greatly appreciate your guidance with this project.
Would it be possible to swap emails and l could send you all the pictures l have to date.
Regards Keith

Offline covell123

• Canoe
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
Hi guys,

been a while since i posted on here. I have recently bought a new engine for my 525, and i was wondering if you guys could recommend any mechanics etc who might be able to install the new engine and bring the boat back to life. would love to get her back on the water after 20 or so years. thank you so much. all the best, Charlie

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
Hi Charlie, It depends where you live of course, but there are a few excellent guys on the forum to assist in guidance. Physically that is different, because of the height to lift over the free-board. AlanR is our expert along with others, but AlanR was working for Bluebird when they were built, so may know people who work on them now.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline covell123

• Canoe
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2020, 01:12:08 PM »
Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me. any help at all would be so grateful. unfortunately i dont know very much mechanically but am more than happy to travel wherever across the country with the boat if someone might be able to help, and obviously willing to pay for any help. my number is available. if someone is able to give me help, please message me. many thanks, Charlie
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:01:15 PM by BN »

Offline Bob1

• Row Boat
  • Jetstar,390,400,520,525.
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2020, 09:10:28 PM »
Hello I have just purchased another Jetstar for renovation and wondered if anyone has any information about it. it has the name "Starduster" painted down each side. Apparently it had a Jaguar Engine Originaly.And we think it now has the RS 3.1 Ford V6?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:19:57 PM by Bob1 »

Offline alanr

• Ski Boat
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »
Hi,
Do you have any photos? Which make and model
of Jet unit is installed?
I used a highly modified E type 3.8 engine bored out to 4 litre
in a 520 for offshore racing before fitting a Chrysler 5.7
for the Rio Balsas race.
After it sat around in the workshop for a while we made
a new 520 hull and deck and fitted the Jaguar coupled
to the Castoldi 05 jet.
The exhaust manifolds were made by Lancing marine
but on the race boat they went straight out the port side
of the hull giving subsequent very loud crackling and flames
when the rev limiter engaged !
 Alanr

Offline Bob1

• Row Boat
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2020, 03:17:07 PM »
Hello again Alan.Limited information available at the moment as the boat is still at the Carnies lake down at Bradwell.I am unable to get it due to covid restictions. She has Stardust painted down each side.originally had twin fuel tanks and a Jaguar engine.She came back to you for various modifications at some time.I have some information from my Father in Law Tony Skingley who I think you may remember?Hope to hear from you soon, Take Care. Regards Bob Clayden.

Offline Bob1

• Row Boat
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2020, 11:35:28 AM »
Hello again Alan.Unable to post my pictures of my Jetstar because they are too large,but I could e mail them to you.My e mail address is rcclayden@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards Bob Clayden.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2020, 07:59:59 PM »
Hello again Alan.Unable to post my pictures of my Jetstar because they are too large,but I could e mail them to you.My e mail address is rcclayden@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards Bob Clayden.

Download the free Fotosizer it is great: www.fotosizer.com/
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB