Author Topic: Re Jetstar meet  (Read 7445 times)

Offline enginuitytriumph

• Support Members
  • Ski Boat
Re: Re Jetstar meet
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2017, 10:04:57 PM »
definitely another meet !! I'm game either for mid September or next year, OR BOTH :o.
I also think Brian should get a Jetstar, apparently they're the latest fashion icon ;D
If you don't know where to start... start somewhere, the rest falls into place.

Offline GeoffL

• Motor Boat
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 07:58:57 PM »
Have a wetsuit just need a driver, spotter, rope and skies. It would be great to do at the next meet

Offline jetstream

• Canoe
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 11:24:35 PM »
Hi Brian,
Thank you for putting on a great day, shame you don't have the ability to control the weather :-)
Thank you also for making my day a memorable one. Great to see your projects and very envious of your fabulous Spitfire.
Good to see Seb and partner travelling all the way from Bristol and hope they enjoyed the day as well.
 Think l have now got enough information to be able to complete my Jetstar and would love to bring it down to the next meet.
I hope Seb can get his Jetstar going as well, could make a great day.
Don't forget l have a spare Jetstar and all the bits if you get bored with your other boats :-)
Thanks again for a great day and hope there will be others.
Keith.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »
Hi Keith, thank you very much, but you guys made the day, with your boats, families, interest and Geoff taking a skier for the first time. In addition, you did well coming from North Yorkshire, so it was a pleasure to show you what I am up to.

The little Spitfire is a little project that I have tried to get back to 'as was', but my baby is the Dowty and boy is that a challenge as you saw. Everything about Dowty is heavy duty.

I really hope you can get your boat together and bring it along to the next Jetstar meet. On that note, don't you think I have enough projects around  :o and you didn't even see my Albatross, so I attach a picture of the Albatross, model Dowty and model Hamilton jet unit, which you will be able to identify now.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline alanr

• Ski Boat
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
Hi Brian
Its a shame I could not be at the Jetstar meet last weekend but hope
to be at the next one if you decide to arrange one.
Meantime I am at the disposal of any Jetstar owners
who might require any assistance with their boats.
 AlanR

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »
Hi Alan, that is great, thank you. In fact Keith has 2, plus the 3 Musketeers (you, Mark and Geoff), make 5, then the Foster Family who turned up with 2 more making 7. They know of at least 2 more it appears, so it appears we can now locate 9. This is exactly how I found the Almarine boats. I started with mine and now, Stuart runs an annual event in Fowey Cornwall and owners come from all over, UK and Europe.

If only I could get all 9 Jetstars to the lake at once  :D  Cheers Alan
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:01:33 AM by BN »
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB