Author Topic: Wanted Jetstar  (Read 6230 times)

Offline enginuitytriumph

• Support Members
  • Ski Boat
Re: Wanted Jetstar
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 08:57:52 PM »
She looks great, when you've finished your hull,  I'll let you do the gell coat on mine.... but only if you really want to .... 
   Looks like I MIGHT have found the long last misfire ( at last ). Had a word with the 'Distributor Doctor' ( yes that's his real trading name, but it's really Martin ! ), He suggested that the earth between the distributor body & the base plate may be poor, especially in a marine salty enviroment. He said that when it gets hot, a poor connection will give resistance which will get worse when hot. So I went a bit overboard. After removing & cleaning the base plates, stuck a tiny earth wire from the top to the bottom of the dizzy base plate & then ran a totally separate earth to the new Pertronix base plate. So far about 4 hours ( 2 Faversham pub trips, one trip to Leysdown & one to Seasalter), no misfire & revving out at about 5750rpm just to test it once.
 Everything crossed!!! Mark 
If you don't know where to start... start somewhere, the rest falls into place.

Offline alanr

• Ski Boat
Re: Wanted Jetstar
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 09:43:24 AM »
Lets hope that's sorted the misfire. If you are getting 5750 rpm the boat should be doing about 47 mph.
Its one thing turning over a 400 hull but turning over a 520 hull would take some doing but let me know
if you want to do it and repair the gelcoat. I will be installing the engine and jet drive in the 400 soon
and will post pics. Alanr