Author Topic: Fantastic and very rare Almarine Javelin for sale  (Read 1440 times)

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Fantastic and very rare Almarine Javelin for sale
« on: August 10, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
If anyone wants a fantastic and very rare boat, please contact Simon on: srsnelling@icloud.com

I have attached only one picture, because Simon has so many my mail deleted many automatically. If you are interested, contact him direct because this boat is a 'beaut'. He has many pictures, but I have attached only the one and that is the inside, which is original and a one owner boat, his  fathers from new, so full provenance. The exterior looks very good as well.

Over to you guys now to get a rare boat, one of only 3 that I know of, but this is a one owner don't forget.

You will not get another like this. I will try to reduce his pictures and put them on the site soon. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: Fantastic and very rare Almarine Javelin for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 08:23:20 PM »
Two more great pictures of this fantastic one owner boat.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline enginuitytriumph

• Support Members
  • Ski Boat
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:26:21 PM »
VERY pretty !!  Liking it a lot!! any further details? tried to google & it's a bit illusive! Engine /s ? drives? weight? Deep 'V'?  etc   thank you ... Mark
If you don't know where to start... start somewhere, the rest falls into place.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
VERY pretty !!  Liking it a lot!! any further details? tried to google & it's a bit illusive! Engine /s ? drives? weight? Deep 'V'?  etc   thank you ... Mark

Yes, this is a one owner boat, purchased directly from the factory in 1977(?) The designer John Neate is a friend of mine and ran the company Alamarine and prior to that Mitcham Marine (Mitcham Surrey), building kit cars, then boats. There are only 3 that I know of now of this model; and this is the only one in such fantastic condition. It was a short run, because most boats were like my Mitcham Jet.

The others are in Hungary and the third in the UK in sad bits in a greenhouse. All is original and has been stored always undercover. It was built in Diss (Norfolk) and only used on the Broads. The engine (I think) is a Ford Pinto engine (special), which is the only one ever built, others had twin engine Rotax.

There is some interest by the Alamarine fans via my friend Stuart in Guernsey.

The original hulls of Mitcham boats were designed by Colin Chapman and John Neate, which carried through to the Alma boats and the Javelin.

This is an extremely rare boat indeed. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB