RESTORATION & HISTORY > Jet Star Restoration

One owner Jetstar 520.....

<< < (2/9) > >>

Lincsoutboards:
I very nearly bought that but you beat me to it :-) I am glad it has gone to a good home, it is in amazingly good condition. The Essex engine is a good reliable unit that is well within it's capabilities and very easy to tune up if you ever feel the need. It looked very easy to get it back to A1 condition, I could not believe how good the red and white covering was, on reflection I should have been a bit braver. I hope it all works out for you, I am currently working on a Scorpio Craft jet boat with the same engine as your boat and a Hamilton 772 jet.
Dave.

BN:

--- Quote from: Lincsoutboards on September 09, 2017, 03:59:59 PM ---I very nearly bought that but you beat me to it :-) I am glad it has gone to a good home, it is in amazingly good condition. The Essex engine is a good reliable unit that is well within it's capabilities and very easy to tune up if you ever feel the need. It looked very easy to get it back to A1 condition, I could not believe how good the red and white covering was, on reflection I should have been a bit braver. I hope it all works out for you, I am currently working on a Scorpio Craft jet boat with the same engine as your boat and a Hamilton 772 jet.
Dave.

--- End quote ---

One thing is that the Castoldi jet is far easier to work on than the Hamilton  ;D

enginuitytriumph:
Mmmmm... Windscreen!  I had one made 3mm thick & it was easily bent around the shape of the hull. The strength of the grab bar is fantastic, so no problem, apart from everyone goes for the windscreen to help get them around the boat!  A 3mm thick perspex screen wasn't cheap as it is a huge big smiley shape, but I'm going to get a 5mm one made & maybe get them to bend it.  Not 100% sure what to do for the best yet.  Watch this space & maybe you'll tell me first!  Mark

BN:
Sheet Plastics in Broughton Astley, Leicestershire may be able to help if you have a drawing (better CAD).

Failing that the guy In Ely (Cambs) will make one for sure. He may even have a template already. He made my 'multi curve' Dowty screen, here is his site:

http://www.littleportboathaven.co.uk/

Quality is excellent and he can restore an old screen to new if it is not cracked. Even then he may be able to repair it invisibly. I took one to him that had a deep gouge in it and watch him remove it, like magic.

On a side note, for the big boat fans, he has a Halmatic triple engine monster, boy is it fantastic and fully restored. The cost would make my eyes water for sure.

Admbeattie:
Thank you. It's great to have such informed advice on hand. We're perhaps a few months away, but it's certainly on the list. I'll post a photo or 2 once I've finished with the polishing buffer.....

Will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version