Author Topic: Albatros parts wanted  (Read 8318 times)

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
Albatros parts wanted
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:09 PM »
Hi i am looking for a fuel tank ruder engine hood hinges flag pole and cowls for an A series please call john on 07899097615 

Offline Reckless

• Ski Boat
Re: Albatros parts wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »
The engine hood hinges are from a Ford Anglia 105e so they should still be available somewhere. The flag pole is still availbale from rod champkin (contact through OSB). There are a couple of other posts asking about fuel tanks so it might be a good time to group together to cut down costs. As for the cowls, if you mean the little egg shaped ones, I'm not sure where you could get them from. An engine may be available (non marinised) from Small Ford Spares. The rudder is quite easy to make if you have the facilities and can get the measurements. Sounds like you have quite a restoration on your hands. What number is your boat?

Andy
Albatross Sports Runabout No. A101

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
I am not sure what the number is as the badge is missing . The boat is a bit of a mess but nothing time and money wont fix. I know it is an A series and it has a 1500 ford gt lump with twin webers . but not sure of the age or number . i realy nead some photos of how it should look inside the engine bay if any one could help please.l

Offline Reckless

• Ski Boat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »
The number is stamped on many parts all over the boat. You can usually find it on the bulkhead behind the upright part of the seat on the cockpit side, on the cross piece where the engine lid support is bolted to the lid, on the edge of the engine lid frame, on the top edge of the cover for the hole in the front bulkhead (by your feet) and on the bottom part of the bow cleat (not many people find that one!).

suicide jockey

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
Hi firebird......I may have an engine and some other bits that i have not seen yet!  Its a long story!

01621 890085    steve

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »
Ha i am running out of places to look , i striped of the paint in the areas you talked about and no luck. I see that the very back of the boat looks almost like an extension as it is riveted on. Also the mark 1 stile hinge bracket is still there and the bit on the hood has been cut of , but the boat uses the 105 hinges you talked about . Also the rubbing straight is all Ally and no rubber like on the older models. I still have to take of the bow cleat , but i just had both my knees done so that will have to wate a week or two , But do you think this might be the prototype ?

The number is stamped on many parts all over the boat. You can usually find it on the bulkhead behind the upright part of the seat on the cockpit side, on the cross piece where the engine lid support is bolted to the lid, on the edge of the engine lid frame, on the top edge of the cover for the hole in the front bulkhead (by your feet) and on the bottom part of the bow cleat (not many people find that one!).

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 11:01:32 PM »
Not a prototype, but could be earlier than thought. The alloy stake is about upto 1958 and should be a two seater with a 100e engine.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 09:42:35 AM »
No defiantly  an A series has a 122e engine twin carbs

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
MORE PICS
Not a prototype, but could be earlier than thought. The alloy stake is about upto 1958 and should be a two seater with a 100e engine.

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »
IGIVE UP TRYING TO UPLOAD PHOTOS

MORE PICS

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »

MORE PICS

Go to additional options and you will need to reduce the size of the picture. This is because it will cost me a fortune to enlarge the site and as I pay for it myself, I have to be a bit frugal, sorry.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline firebird

• Motor Boat
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:52 PM »
Hi i don't seam to be able to reduce the photos down but i have sent them on to you so perhaps you might be able to post them, any way over the moon as i finerly found the number and it is A1 how good is that .

MORE PICS

Go to additional options and you will need to reduce the size of the picture. This is because it will cost me a fortune to enlarge the site and as I pay for it myself, I have to be a bit frugal, sorry.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »
I am not sure if that is a serial number, but the Gefney family may help if they see this post. I think A1 was a type. Add a post in projects to see if you can source the full history.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:00:06 AM by BN »
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Reckless

• Ski Boat
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
Very interesting! The boat certainly looks like an A series. The dash is the right shape and the back end looks just like mine. The fendering is odd though. Could it be that someone replaced the original with some D section alloy bar? Depends how it is fastened to the hull I guess. The hinges definitely look different to the 105E ones that I have. The ones in the pictures look more like the delta hinges, the sort of thing you find on early minis.

Andy

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »
Very interesting! The boat certainly looks like an A series. The dash is the right shape and the back end looks just like mine. The fendering is odd though. Could it be that someone replaced the original with some D section alloy bar? Depends how it is fastened to the hull I guess. The hinges definitely look different to the 105E ones that I have. The ones in the pictures look more like the delta hinges, the sort of thing you find on early minis.

Andy
Agreed, think it may be a little bit of a mixture, but until close up inspoection hard to tell.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB