Author Topic: At Last I Have A Dowty (photos may not be visible to none regisitered members)  (Read 72629 times)

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Hi, the Dowty is a boat that I felt I had to restore. It is a bit of a labour of love, but getting there. I have modified some 'non visible' items, such as electronic ignition, but most is at it was.

I really am a fan of the boats and you guys in NZ are lucky to have a few still around. Here they get destroyed due to the fine engineering of the jet unit.

Thanks for your comments and any help here is more than welcome. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
For the Dowty fans (and others of course), I have started a pictorial strip down and rebuild of my Dowty on my new web site found at www.oldspeedboats.co.uk please view and see what you think. It is in its test stage, but will improve. BN  :D :D

Direct link for Dowty fans is: www.oldspeedboats.co.uk/dowty-restoration-3/
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Doughty Turbo

• Canoe
Dear BN.  I seem to have acquired a Dowty Turbocraft MK1.  Any chance of some pointers when I get stuck ?

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Dear BN.  I seem to have acquired a Dowty Turbocraft MK1.  Any chance of some pointers when I get stuck ?

Hi sorry for delay, been away from the computer. Of course we will try to give you as much help as possible. Best of luck with the boat, they are brillant BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB