Author Topic: Simmonds Boat  (Read 5184 times)

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Simmonds Boat
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline lee foster

• Canoe
Re: Simmonds Boat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
hi conrad, i have recently brought a simmonds ski boat,i am finding it hard to get any information on the boats i wonder if you could point me in the right direction,many thanks lee  email: foslee30@yahoo.co.uk   

Offline Thumper

• Ski Boat
    • Simmonds Motor Launches
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »
Sorry to be slow on picking up on this thread, but I've just finished adding some fresh material to the Simmonds website. Still lots to do, and I'd appreciate any feedback, suggestions and, most of all, material.

Thanks to BN for the encouragement in the past, just sorry it's taken me so long!

http://www.simmonds-motorlaunches.co.uk

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:48:12 AM »
What a great site and I wish you all the very best.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline flat broke

• Row Boat
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:16:37 AM »
Well done Thumper! Priceless to have all that info in one place for future reference.  I have the original Simmonds Speed still in the magazine for your records.  Also some period shots of my father's Simmonds on Ulswater circa 1965.  Will be in touch.

Tony

Offline Thumper

• Ski Boat
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:52:06 AM »
If you could let me have a scan of the article at reasonable resolution, that would be excellent. I can then fill in that missing paragraph! I'd also like to know which magazine it was in, so I can double-check on permission to reproduce it.

I have several more items to upload, but thought it was important to get the site going. I'll add other material as and when, but would be grateful for anything else that other owners may be willing to share - old adverts would be nice (I only have black and white), or printed handbooks etc. If they're too much bother to scan I'll be happy to do that myself, and promise to return anything sent to me promptly and in as-found condition. Please PM me or contact me through the website.

One of these days I really must knuckle down and get my own Simmonds back on the water!!

Offline nclesimmonds

• Canoe
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
Hello all, I have recently joined OSB and would like to register my Simmonds LW111 a Newcastle made craft. Purchased by me some years ago after a lengthy negoitation I am still to get it ready for the water but it is wholly original save the seating and complete if not serviceable. I deem it to be 1960 as it still retains a narrow engine hatch yet is one of those made 'up north'. Colours red/white.

Offline Thumper

• Ski Boat
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 10:45:53 PM »
Hi nclesimmonds, and welcome to the forum. Actually, I think we've met before . . . on Facebook, perhaps. Hopefully we can see some photos of your Simmonds in due course.

The narrow engine cover is an interesting note. Not actually sure when the change was made. Might need to do some survey work via the Register and see if we can establish a definitive answer.