Author Topic: New Dowty Member  (Read 624 times)

Offline GF_Dowty

• Canoe
New Dowty Member
« on: July 26, 2018, 09:11:28 AM »
Hi All,

I have fond memories as a child bumping about in my Dad's 60's Dowty Turbocraft, however it saw a lack of use as we grew up and eventually he gave it to me.  That was around 20 years ago!  At the time I was serving in the forces to the boat followed me around from camp to camp but I never had the time or facilities to restore it.

I'm ashamed to say that 10 years ago, it was essentially abandoned on a camp near Ipswich and I assumed it had been scrapped.  I left the forces 6 years ago and now have enough space where I live to store such a thing so decided to have one last ditch effort to track it down.  Thanks to the wonders of Facebook, I recently received the attached pictures and it is still in the exact same spot I left it all that time ago.

So suffice to say I am delighted to have found it as it holds sentimental value, however it is in a sorry looking state but as long as the jet unit is still with it (it should be) then I will have a fighting chance.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: New Dowty Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »
Hi and welcome to OSB. Another Dowty located and saved. Best of luck with the resto, any help you need just ask. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB