Author Topic: New member owner of a Simmonds ski boat in Spain  (Read 224 times)

Offline Daniel

• Canoe
New member owner of a Simmonds ski boat in Spain
« on: January 15, 2024, 09:01:31 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm very happy to find a group of people who love old speedboats. I'm from Madrid, my eldest daughter and I are currently restoring a Simmonds from scratch. I hope you can help us with some information that we do not have. thank you very much in advance.

Offline enginuitytriumph

• Support Members
  • Ski Boat
Re: New member owner of a Simmonds ski boat in Spain
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 10:45:56 PM »
Glad you made it here & welcome !! I'm sure there will be someone to help, there usually is depending on your problem & their skillset  ???
If you don't know where to start... start somewhere, the rest falls into place.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 08:10:59 AM »
Hi and welcome Daniel.

By far the best contact is 'Thumper' who is a friend of ours and runs a great website:
http://www.simmonds-motorlaunches.co.uk/index.htm

I know a bit about Simmonds speedboats, but he is the expert. Which model do you have, the Alloy of Fibreglass hull version and what engine is in it?

If I cannot help I have a couple of other contacts who might be able to help. Best of luck BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Daniel

• Canoe
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 07:18:26 PM »
I spoke to them and they referred me to you. The hull of the boat is completely made of aluminum, it has a 1703cc Ford Consul engine mounted with two 40mm double-mouth Weber carburetors for each mouth. The complicated thing is the lack of information about the transmission ratio and diameters, pitch, etc. of the propeller. It would be helpful to know this data to manufacture one or find a replacement for machining its original shaft. thank you