Author Topic: Delta newbie  (Read 588 times)

Offline Jazzliam543

• Row Boat
Delta newbie
« on: October 27, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »
Hi and thanks for accepting me on the forum. Newbie here having recently picked up a GRP Delta. It's going to be fairly slow progress due to other commitments but I'll be seeking advice along the way. It's mostly complete but obviously been standing for years. Engine already out (Essex 2.0l V4) and stripped. I've replaced heads due to too much corrosion on old ones and am slowly going through everything mechanical. Hull, I think will polish up nice but upper deck needs more work regrettably so might need to paint.... It's orange 🙄. Wouldn't have been my first colour choice but will stick with it as its original. Could look quite racey (thinking Ford RS ). Any other Delta owners here care to share some pics then the inspiration would be most welcome!

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: Delta newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »
Hi and welcome to OSB, the Delta is a great boat and mine gave me a lot of fun. It was easy to tow, launch and handle. The only issue I had was the prop fell out once, which was a shire fluke. Caused a bit of concern until I beached it though. They are tough and good ski tow boats. Easy to maintain and reasonable for spares as they use a lot of common ones. Ray Wright built them after he left Albatross where he was an apprentice.

Quite a few people have them on this forum. BN
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB