Author Topic: BROOM SPEEDBOAT  (Read 4331 times)

Offline alsation

• Canoe
BROOM SPEEDBOAT
« on: December 20, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
hi everyone, I have just purchased a classic Broom Fibreglass speedboat that i have started to restore. The hull is fine but the back end and transome has been butchered by previous owner to take a short shaft engine. I have rebuilt this back to original, obviously there is a lot of work to do on this boat as its been left in a yard for the last 14 years. I have gutted the boat and i am determined to get it back as it should be. One of my problems is trying to get the correct specification for the replacement windscreen and the folding canopy which will all have to be re - made
As far as i can tell its a BROOM SCORPIO RIVA, someone did say it looked like a SATURN but from the limited photos available on the net i cant confirm either. also the date of manufacture is late sixties /early seventies but someone has kindly nicked the original builders plate and number, any infor or help in identifying would be a great help. I will post some pictures soon

Best wishes.

Steve.

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
Re: BROOM SPEEDBOAT
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:50:11 AM »
Hi and welcome, contact BroomBroom on the forum here.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB

Offline Spencer

• Canoe
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »
Hi I'm new to the forum, I too have a Broom Scorpio that I am starting to get restored, I have the screen and have contacted a company called Talking Plastics who say that they can make a new tinted one using my existing screen as template they also offer repllacement alloy tracking. Have you found a solution?

Offline BN

• Administrator
  • Speed Boat
  • OSB Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
Hi and welcome, the info is great and will be useful for others.
1953 Albatross
1958 Dowty Turbojet
1965 Mitcham Jetboat
1968 Mitcham OB