Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Dear BN.  I seem to have acquired a Dowty Turbocraft MK1.  Any chance of some pointers when I get stuck ?

Hi sorry for delay, been away from the computer. Of course we will try to give you as much help as possible. Best of luck with the boat, they are brillant BN
Dear BN.  I seem to have acquired a Dowty Turbocraft MK1.  Any chance of some pointers when I get stuck ?
it's a bit like the Rouen 24 hour race, all a bit mad !!! But I would love to try & stay awake & do it!!!
New Members Say Hello Here / Re: 60s Fletcher V172 with inboard Jaguar straight 6
« Last post by BN on November 02, 2021, 09:24:38 PM »
Hi Rob, I'd love to read it, but it's too small & it blurs when expanded  ???  Do you have a link for it?
Mark

I tried to download the extract, but it is an active page which flips over, but it can be found at: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/12056620/24-hours-to-go-powerboat-archive

BN
Hi Rob, I'd love to read it, but it's too small & it blurs when expanded  ???  Do you have a link for it?
Mark
New Members Say Hello Here / Re: 60s Fletcher V172 with inboard Jaguar straight 6
« Last post by Rob on November 01, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »
Found this News Paper article about Norman Fletcher with reference to a V172.
« Last post by BN on October 30, 2021, 09:18:58 PM »
The Fairline Targa was a nice boat and considering it was built in Oundle (middle of England) near me and tested in their special swimming pool, they are great. They were then low loaded to the locations, bizarre location to build such boats.

Re the Fletcher, I know the shape and boat, but do not recall a Jaguar engine in one. SBS Trailers took them over and I know there were some employees still there a few years ago who were ex-Fletcher employees. I used to go to Macrome Road often for spare parts. I actually have a model boat mould made by one of the first Apprentices.

Why not try contacting them at: SBS Trailers Ltd, Macrome Road, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 9HD, which was the old Fletcher boat manufacturing factory. They might just have some spares still? Tel 01902 754 133 and e-mail sales@sbstrailers.com.

Hope that helps? BN
« Last post by BN on October 30, 2021, 09:00:27 PM »
Hi
Sorry if that came across a bit angry, it's nice that a site like this exists.

Will try the options on sizing photos at the weekend.

Thanks

Rob

I'm really glad I can share what I have with genuine people that are interested.

Hey, no problem, we are a happy bunch  :D
Hi Rob, well done !! it's a bit of a pain, but well worthwhile in the end! Wow that's a project, looks not dissimilar to mine when I started  :-[ It was running an intercooler, it has a header tank & I think the intercooler on the port side with the bottom hose going to it.  Do you have another engine? Your right selling the head, but on some of the more desperate engines we're going to -70 thou on the cranks if needed  :o    However, a 4.2 should be easy enough to find & reasonably priced.   I'm hoping Brian knows more about the actual boat as I've seen the hull shape, but never with the Jag lump!  Mark
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10